High Criteria Announces Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.8 for Police Custodial Interviews
High Criteria Inc., today announced the availability of the Liberty Police Interview Recorder (LIR), V2.8.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is designed with recording features that address the needs of police and other law enforcement services. Specifically, the application records the audio, video and associated notes directly to the hard-drive of a recording PC. Thereafter, the file may be managed, just as is any other data file. Integrating the interview recording with the computer environment allows the police service to leverage their existing investment in computing services and make use of current facilities for security, backup and recovery and long-term archival of the data.
The Liberty Interview system allows services to eliminate older DVR and VHS machines. The player program facilitates transcription and the recording file may also be saved in a format that plays in Windows Media Player on an PC.
The system facilitates the addition of meta-data to the recordings. Later, this meta-data may be used as search criteria when looking for a specific recording file. Extensive search facilities are included with the application.
Among other updates, the Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.8 includes the following new features:
- The configuration of Case Fields has been enhanced. You can now specify the number of fields that will be available in case-style bookmarks, define different types of fields (i.e. standard, date, fixed list, or text), and enable users to choose from a drop-down list of possible values.
- The “Pause” button can be removed from the Recorder’s user interface.
- Pan/tilt/zoom controls are available on the Video Preview window when these are supported by the camera.
- Support for higher resolutions of video.
- Support for the Epiphan VGADVI Broadcaster. This device can capture various video sources, including SD video and HDMI.
- Support for the Axis P8221 audio module.
- Support for some Pelco IP cameras.
- Support for the capture of a second stream from the same Axis camera. This allows a single camera to provide both a wide-angle view and a tight view.
- Video from an additional channel of a multi-channel Axis camera, such as an F44 or M7014, can be received.
- Audio monitoring can now be available at all times even when recording is not active.
- Ability to make a backup of each recording onto the SD card of an IP camera.
- Numerous other minor enhancements.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is available through local re-sellers in the United States such as JCG Technologies of Scottsdale Arizona (www.JCGTechnologies.com), Northland Systems of Minnesota (www.Northlandsys.com), BIS Digital Systems (www.BISDigital.com) and Gramco Business Communications (www.GramcoRecording.com) and directly through High Criteria Inc.
Please see the Liberty Recording website (www.libertyrecording.com.au) for more information.