High Criteria Announces Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.4 for Police Custodial Interviews
High Criteria Inc., today announced the availability of the Liberty Police Interview Recorder (LIR), V2.4.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is designed with recording features that address the needs of police and other law enforcement services. Specifically, the application records the audio, video and associated notes directly to the hard-drive of a recording PC. Thereafter, the file may be managed, just as is any other data file. Integrating the interview recording with the computer environment allows the police service to leverage their existing investment in computing services and make use of current facilities for security, backup and recovery and long-term archival of the data.
The Liberty Interview system allows services to eliminate older DVR and VHS machines. The player program facilitates transcription and the recording file may also be saved in a format that plays in Windows Media Player on an PC.
The system facilitates the addition of meta-data to the recordings. Later, this meta-data may be used as search criteria when looking for a specific recording file. Extensive search facilities are included with the application.
Among other updates, the Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.4 includes the following new features:
- Support for IP cameras from Sony. High Criteria is a member of the Sony Security Solution Affiliate Program and has used this association to provide support in the Liberty Interview Recorder for Sony IP cameras.
- The Redaction facility in the Player program has been enhanced such that copies of a recording made by the program may have segments that are either removed or that may be blacked-out for redaction purposes. Entering standard beginning and ending “bookmarks” allows the user to create any number of redacted segments. Once the redacted segments are created, the user may further specify if the segment is to removed, or blacked-out in the copy of the original file.
- The Recorder program now includes the ability to automatically burn several different formats of DVDs, immediately after a recording is complete. The Recorder can now be configured to burn any combination of PDF/WMV DVDs, MPEG-2 format DVDs (used by consumer style DVD players), or DVDs in the format used by the Liberty Player program. Adding these formats allows the user to create any number of DVDs, in the format best suited for their needs.
- The Player program has also been enhanced to allow for the burning of any type of DVD.
- Numerous other minor enhancements.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is available through local re-sellers in the United States such as JCG Technologies of Scottsdale Arizona (www.JCGTechnologies.com), Northland Systems of Minnesota (www.Northlandsys.com), BIS Digital Systems (www.BISDigital.com) and Gramco Business Communications (www.GramcoRecording.com) and directly through High Criteria Inc.
Please see the Liberty Recording website (www.libertyrecording.com.au) for more information.