High Criteria Announces Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.7 for Police Custodial Interviews
High Criteria Inc., today announced the availability of the Liberty Police Interview Recorder (LIR), V2.7.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is designed with recording features that address the needs of police and other law enforcement services. Specifically, the application records the audio, video and associated notes directly to the hard-drive of a recording PC. Thereafter, the file may be managed, just as is any other data file. Integrating the interview recording with the computer environment allows the police service to leverage their existing investment in computing services and make use of current facilities for security, backup and recovery and long-term archival of the data.
The Liberty Interview system allows services to eliminate older DVR and VHS machines. The player program facilitates transcription and the recording file may also be saved in a format that plays in Windows Media Player on an PC.
The system facilitates the addition of meta-data to the recordings. Later, this meta-data may be used as search criteria when looking for a specific recording file. Extensive search facilities are included with the application.
Among other updates, the Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.7 includes the following new features:
- The Liberty Interview Recorder can now create MPEG-2 format files on the fly, allowing for the burning of MPEG-2 format DVDs immediately at the end of the recording session. This new facility eliminates the delay required to convert the recordings into an MPEG-2 format, at the end of a recording session. For installations that require MPEG-2 format DVDs, this new feature will eliminate the conversion time previously required at the end of a recording session.
- A new Liberty Service has been introduced that co-ordinates the activties of remote devices with the recording program. The Liberty Helper Service provides support for the LR-101 USB controller that supports push-button bookmarks, a recording ON/OFF switch and the LED recording indicator light. This new service also supports an Android application that can control the recording application and create bookmarks in the recording file. The LHS must be installed to provide support for the LR-101 or for the Android remote control program.
- Support for duplicate webcam cameras of the same make and model is now provided.
- When installing the program from the command line, a new switch lets you point to an exported configuration file. This is useful when you are installing the program on multiple PCs and want to reuse many of the same settings.
- A profile can now be associated with a room name. This can simplify the selection of a profiles based on the room and it is also used as an identifier for communication with the Liberty Helper Service that manages communication with external devices.
- A prompt can be issued automatically to print the bookmarks when a recording is stopped.
- Certified by Microsoft as Windows 8 compliant.
- Numerous other minor enhancements.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is available through local re-sellers in the United States such as JCG Technologies of Scottsdale Arizona (www.JCGTechnologies.com), Northland Systems of Minnesota (www.Northlandsys.com), BIS Digital Systems (www.BISDigital.com) and Gramco Business Communications (www.GramcoRecording.com) and directly through High Criteria Inc.
Please see the Liberty Recording website (www.libertyrecording.com.au) for more information.