High Criteria Announces Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.4 for Police Custodial Interviews
High Criteria Inc., today announced the availability of the Liberty Police Interview Recorder (LIR), V2.5.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is designed with recording features that address the needs of police and other law enforcement services. Specifically, the application records the audio, video and associated notes directly to the hard-drive of a recording PC. Thereafter, the file may be managed, just as is any other data file. Integrating the interview recording with the computer environment allows the police service to leverage their existing investment in computing services and make use of current facilities for security, backup and recovery and long-term archival of the data.
The Liberty Interview system allows services to eliminate older DVR and VHS machines. The player program facilitates transcription and the recording file may also be saved in a format that plays in Windows Media Player on an PC.
The system facilitates the addition of meta-data to the recordings. Later, this meta-data may be used as search criteria when looking for a specific recording file. Extensive search facilities are included with the application.
Among other updates, the Liberty Police Interview Recorder V2.5 includes the following new features:
- A new full-screen View that includes two video preview Windows provides a simple user interface in which the user / operator can view two video preview Windows.
- The Redaction facility in the Player program has been enhanced such that copies of a recording made by the program may have segments where the video playback is “distorted” for subject privacy. Entering standard beginning and ending “bookmarks” allows the user to create any number of redacted segments with the video playback distorted. The original playback is not affected by these updates.
- At the end of the recording, the recording file can automatically be copied to USB thumb-drives.
- The system can now be configured to prompt the user for where the recording files should be saved. This prompt allows each user to specify a different save-location for the recording files and each save-location can be a different folder with different access rights.
- Comments can now be saved with the redaction bookmarks.
- The status of the recording program can now be included as text, in the broadcast video of an interview.
- Numerous other minor enhancements.
The Liberty Police Interview Recorder is available through local re-sellers in the United States such as JCG Technologies of Scottsdale Arizona (www.JCGTechnologies.com), Northland Systems of Minnesota (www.Northlandsys.com), BIS Digital Systems (www.BISDigital.com) and Gramco Business Communications (www.GramcoRecording.com) and directly through High Criteria Inc.
Please see the Liberty Recording website (www.libertyrecording.com.au) for more information.