High Criteria Announces Liberty Interview Recorder (LIR) V2.1 for Police Custodial Interviews
High Criteria Inc., today announced the availability of the Liberty Interview Recorder, V2.1.
The Liberty Interview Recorder is designed with recording features that address the needs of police and other law enforcement services. Specifically, the application records the audio, video and associated notes directly to the hard-drive of a recording PC. Thereafter, the file may be managed, just as is any other data file. Integrating the interview recording with the computer environment allows the police service to leverage their existing investment in computing services and make use of current facilities for security, backup and recovery and long-term archival of the data.
The Liberty Interview system allows services to eliminate older DVR and VHS machines. The player program facilitates transcription and the recording file may also be saved in a format that plays in Windows Media Player on an PC.
The system facilitates the addition of meta-data to the recordings. Later, this meta-data may be used as search criteria when looking for a specific recording file. Extensive search facilities are included with the application.
Among other updates, the Liberty Interview Recorder V2.1 includes the following new features:
- The ability to simultaneously record multiple cameras from a single interview room. This feature allows for the capture of multiple complete video feeds, instead of the older picture-in-a-picture approach to capturing multiple cameras. This new feature eliminates the camera overlay caused by the older picture-in-a-picture solution.
- The ability to temprorarily remove portions of the recording for redaction purposes.
- The ability to burn DVDs directly out of the application using Windows DVD Maker on Windows 7 computers.
- The ability to playback the video as recording continues.
- Numerous other minor enhancements.
The Liberty Interview Recorder is available through local re-sellers in the United States such as JCG Technologies of Scottsdale Arizona (www.JCGTechnologies.com), Northland Business Systems of Minnesota (www.Northlandsys.com), BIS Digital Systems (www.BISDigital.com) and Audio Data Systems Inc (www.audasy.com) and directly through High Criteria Inc.
Please see the Liberty Recording website (www.libertyrecording.com.au) for more information.